We get asked a lot about how many pounds of cannabis a person can trim until they have to clean the Greenbroz 215 dry trimmer. The truth is, it’s going to come down to your strain and how much you need to trim. If you have a super sticky terpene profile you will have to clean the machine more often. If you are running a bunch of pounds through the machine you will have to do regular maintenance cleaning as you go. Again, it will vary from strain to strain and the amount needed to be trimmed.
In order to learn how to clean the Greenbroz 215
you’ll need the following items from this checklist:
- Isopropyl Alcohol (purchase at a grow store for about $90 for 5 gallons)
- Metal Wire Brush
- Natural Bristle Brush
- Microfiber Cloths
- Metal Paint Scraper
- Allen Key
- Resin Clear or (We recommend only using organic refined oils)
- Grape Seed
Next, we will outline the basic steps you will need to complete in order to get your dry trimming machine back up and running as quickly as possible.
- PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to unplug the machine before you start the cleaning process.
- We recommend you start with the underside of the trimming machine. Gently, flip the 215 on its side so you can see the inside bottom walls.
- Remove all of the loose material with the natural bristle brush and wipe it down really well if needed with the microfiber cloth that is damp with isopropyl alcohol. Once everything is clean move on to the next step.
- Now, flip the machine upright, carefully remove the hub screw, washer, welded key, and the sweeper assembly from the center of the blade. Once all the parts are removed move on to the next step.
- Carefully remove the top blade from your machine and gently set it down on a clean flat surface.
- Again, use the natural bristle brush and clean off all debris that is inside the machine.
- Be sure to cover the Teflon ring that is in the center of the machine so you don’t disturb it in any way. Then, apply the resin clear or oil around the blade as needed. When you use the resin clear it will break up the debris a lot quicker and safely speed up the cleaning process.
- Now, use the metal wire brush to remove any of the smaller sized debris that is deep in the grooves.
- Grab your metal paint scraper so you can use it to remove the excess trichome and plant residue from the blade. PLEASE NOTE: Scrape with the groves, not against them or you will damage the blade.
- Then, spray the inside of the machine with isopropyl alcohol. Be sure the Teflon ring is still covered. Then, with a new clean microfiber cloth wipe down the blade and the inside of the machine walls separately.
- Now you will clean the blade you set aside earlier. Again, use your paintbrush to remove any material from the top of the blade.
- Spray the top blade with isopropyl alcohol. Let sit for a second or two. Then wipe down the blade with a new clean microfiber cloth. For tough jobs, use the resin clear or the oil prior to applying the alcohol.
- You might have to use the metal paint scraper to get some of the tough spots clean. PLEASE NOTE: Scrape with the groves, not against them or you will damage the blade. Then, just wipe it down with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Once everything is cleaned and looking good insert the top blade back into the machine. Be sure the hub lines correctly with the shaft so you can easily insert the welded key.
- Insert welded key.
- Now, put the sweeper bar assembly on the hub so it lines up with the hole in the center of the hub.
- Put the washer back on.
- Then screw the hub screw back on until it is hand tight. Remember, there is no need to have the super tight. Hand-tight will do just fine.
- Finally, remove the trim bin from under the machine and spray it with alcohol and wipe it clean. Be sure to always use a clean cloth every time or when needed.
Here’s how we clean the greenbroz 215
Sweet! Your trimmer is clean and ready to get back to work!
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of our experts.